The Alwyn Campaign is an Earth-based far future campaign set in the Babylon 5 universe. The year is 3262, hundreds of years after the Great Burn, a nuclear war that destroys Earth civilization. Humanity has crawled back up to a medieval/early Renaissance level of technology, but most humans are highly distrustful of the technologies that led to the Great Burn. The setting is featured in one of the B5 future history vignettes of the episode "Deconstruction of Falling Stars", and is reminiscent of the science fiction classic, A Canticle for Lebowitz by Walter M. Miller.
Very Brief Intro to the Setting
More Descriptive Introduction to the Setting
Setting Locations and Parameters
Handling Ancient Lore and Tech In The Alywn Campaign
First Session Set Up
The Alwyn Campaign Google Map
Babylon 5 Starship Table used in Session 4 (see Session Reports, below)
- Francis, High Concept: Raised By Bears, Trouble: Uncivilized. Other Aspects include: All problems can be solved by charging, yelling, and waving a giant Axe and Chosen of [the Giant Squirrel God].
- Derek, High Concept: Outcast Merchant, Trouble: Drunkard. Other Aspects include: Knows the cost of everything, value of nothing; "Million Pockets"; and Skankeroon.
- Big Al, High Concept: Fort Snelling's Hardest Working Hustler, Trouble: It always costs a favor. Other Aspects include: Pillar of the (criminal) community; and Nothing worth having is behind an open door.
- Larissa, High Concept: Intrepid Hunter, Trouble: Curious, other Aspects include: At home in the wild; Eagle-eyed; and Iron Stomach.
- The Blacksmith - Henry Leroy Jenkins