Certain terms referenced on the blog are trademarks of other individuals and organizations, including Star Trek, Bablyon 5, and Tekumel. In those cases, usage here is does not imply a challenge to anyone's trademark or intellectual property. At the same time, it should be recognized that certain genre terms such as Space Marine have been in used by many different authors in many different ways.
2) All other text not called out as OGL Mechanics is licensed under the following Creative Commons license:
FATE SF by fatesf.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at fatesf.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at fatesf.blogspotcom.
For example, a variety of terms used in posts on the FATE SF blog such as "Avatar of Paradox", "Excommunication", "Thursday Night Group", and "Trelebs" are considered part of the commons of humanity and no one's exclusive patrimony. They are covered by this Creative Commons license and may be used by others.
3) The Open Gaming License for OGL Mechanics: OPEN GAME LICENSE Version 1.0a The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc ("Wizards"). All Rights Reserved. 1. Definitions: (a)"Contributors" means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game Content; (b)"Derivative Material" means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; (c) "Distribute" means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute; (d)"Open Game Content" means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity. (e) "Product Identity" means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts; creatures characters; stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content; (f) "Trademark" means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor (g) "Use", "Used" or "Using" means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content. (h) "You" or "Your" means the licensee in terms of this agreement. 2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License. 3.Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License. 4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content. 5.Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License. 6.Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder's name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute. 7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity. 8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content. 9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License. 10 Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute. 11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.12 Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected. 13 Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License. 14 Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
15 COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Open Game License v 1.0 © 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
Fudge System 1995 version © 1992-1995 by Steffan O'Sullivan, © 2005 by Grey Ghost Press, Inc.; Author Steffan O'Sullivan.
FATE (Fantastic Adventures in Tabletop Entertainment) © 2003 by Evil Hat Productions LLC; Authors Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks.
Spirit of the Century © 2006, Evil Hat Productions LLC. Authors Rob Donoghue, Fred Hicks, and Leonard Balsera.
Babylon 5: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition © 2006, Mongoose Publishing
The Babylon 5 Station Guide © 2006, Mongoose Publishing
Starblazer Adventures © 2008, Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.
Legends of Anglerre © 2010, Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.
Mindjammer © 2009 Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.; Author Sarah Newton. Mindjammer is used under license from Sarah Newton.
Diaspora © 2009, VSCA Publishing. Authors Brad Murray, C.W. Marshall, Tim Dyke, and Byron Kerr.
Strands of Fate © 2010, Void Star Games
Nova Praxis © 2012, Void Star Games
Bulldogs! © 2011 Brennan Taylor/Galileo Games. All rights reserved. Bulldogs! created by Eric Coble, Chuck Cooley, Robert Cooley, Nathan Crowder, and C. Austin Hogan.
The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game Volume 1: Your Story and The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game Volume 2: Our World © 2010, Evil Hat Productions LLC.
Fate Core System and Fate Accelerated Edition © 2013 by Evil Hat Productions, LLC. Developed, authored, and edited by Leonard Balsera, Bryan Engard, Jeremy Keller, Ryan Macklin, Mike Olson, Clark Valentine, Amanda Valentine, Fred Hicks, and Rob Donoghue.
Fate Freeport Companion © 2013 by Green Ronin Publications, LLC. Authors Brian Engard, Robert J. Schwalb, and Clark Valentine.
For the purposes of this license, the following things are considered to be Product Identity, in addition to anything covered in Section 1, above:
All text in the FATE SF blog at fatesf.blogspot.com that does not appear under the header "OGL Mechanics" is protected by a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.The terms of this license are described at the top of the Usage page of the fatesf.blogspot.com website.
All FATE SF blog posts at fatesf.blogspot.com labelled with "Cosmic Patrol" Blogger Labels at the end of the post are published using a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permission has been granted to FATE SF by the authors of the Cosmic Patrol roleplaying game to publish conversions of Cosmic Patrol content to the FATE system here at the FATE SF blog. FATE mechanics for these conversions are published in the "OGL Mechanics" section of posts at the fatesf.blogspot.com website. For the purposes of this license, the following things are considered to be Open Game Content, in addition to anything covered in Section1, above: all text in the FATE SF blog at fatesf.blogspot.com in sections that appear under the header "OGL Mechanics".
4) Blog Tile Design (as opposed to the blog title, FATE SF) is courtesy of Hereticwerks, and is derived from the Burch/Cheswick map of the internet, available at www.lumeta.com.
5) Kepler-22B/Strange New Worlds Graphic: Strange New Worlds graphic by Hereticwerks is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at hereticwerks.blogspot.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be discussed/requested via the Contact Us page here at Hereticwerks.
6) The Cosmic Patrol RPG is published by Catalyst Game Studios and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.