|Art by Mark Rehkopf|
Wooo-hooo, FATE SF's all-time favorite dinosaur, the Triceratops, put in an appearance in my recent Kerberos Club scenario (excellent player reportage here) at Jon Con '13 last month in the Twin Cities, Minnesota!
The scenario used a FATE Accelerated Edition hack optimized for Kerberos Club (design outlines here).
Today, we're sharing our write-up for the Triceratops.
The one below made a mean mess of some of London's finest commercial streets, but eventually ended up in the London Zoo.
Get a Triceratops onto the streets of a game near you soon!
Everyone's Favorite Plant-Eater
- High Concept: Tri-horned herbivore
- Trouble: Ornery as hell
- Aspect: Never met a human I didn't want to charge
- Aspect: Armored on the front-end
- Aspect: Meat steam-roller
- Careful: 0
- Clever: 0
- Flashy: 0
- Forceful: +5
- Quick: +3
- Sneaky: 0
- Goes Down Slowly: Take two Severe Consequences (6 stress each) before being Taken Out.
- Impaling Attack: When a Triceratops Succeeds with Style on an attack using the Forceful Approach, the person playing the Triceratops may declare it has impaled its target on the Triceratops' horns. An Overcome action will be required before the target can detach itself from the horns.
- Stampede: Spend 1 FP to roll 2DF + 2D6 on any charging action using a Forceful Approach.
- Armored Frill: Take +2 to Forcefully defend against attacks from the front.