Friday, March 22, 2013

Let Me Tell You About My Character

http://www.theballroomblog.com/category/inspiration/

Wednesday night was our first session of play with the Alwyn Campaign model. I'll do my best tomorrow to post the overdue session report. It was a fun session!

Since at the beginning of the session, the players needed to spend a bit of time finishing their characters, I decided to do the +Brad Murray thing and create a character of my own - to use as an NPC or to play him myself if someone else eventually wants to GM.

Our setting is the post-apocalyptic Earth of Babylon 5's far future. Technology is at a 14th Century level. So blacksmiths are back in. And they're burly dudes. I have to admit it. Ever since I read Samuel R. Delaney's Neveryon series I've wanted to do a blacksmith.

So here he is. I won't give you his full name. Oh Hell, I will!  His name is Henry Leroy Jenkins. He doesn't call out his name when he wades into battle, and he doesn't get his buddies killed. And he has a big-ass hammer!

The Blacksmith

Name: Henry Leroy Jenkins
High Concept: Ass-kicking Blacksmith
Trouble: Cult of Hephaestus
Other Aspects:
  • Big Ass Hammer*
  • I can make Fire!
  • Good work doesn't come cheap
Approaches: 
  • Forceful +3
  • Careful +2
  • Clever +2
  • Flashy +1
  • Quick +1
  • Sneaky 0
Stunt:
  • Hit the Weak Spot: Because a blacksmith knows how to Hit the Weak Spot, Henry gets a +2 to Forceful attack on an armored foe once per scene.
Refresh: 3

* Which led to a discussion in play about what an ass hammer was

1 comment:

  1. Leeeeroy! Fuck yeah!

    Also, rock on, Happy Jacker.

    ReplyDelete