Friday, March 15, 2013

Playing FAE "Wrong"

http://climate.umn.edu/doc/twin_cities/fort_snelling.htm

I've read most of FATE Accelerated Edition and I like what I see. I have run FATE Core and found it to work well, but I was a bit annoyed by the narrow skill list. FAE boils that small skill list down even further to six Approaches. I like that a lot better. It has a real first edition D&D feel in terms of its simplicity.

Last night, my gaming group decided to give the system a test run. We created a setting that is influenced by the West Marches campaign model. So, we will be pursuing a very non-storygaming, purely sandbox episodic campaign model using a very storygamey-focused game system.

The group is looking forward to playing FAE "wrong".

More details on the setting this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a chance to read through it yet, but what I've read so far, I like.

    ReplyDelete