|Dead Earth Imperial Citizen*|
The Red Martians. If you read A Princess of Mars carefully, you will notice that Burroughs refers to the Red Martians - and the Green Martians for that matter - as "humans". We've suggested that this is more than a figure of speech or humanist sentiment, right here.
Since the Red Martians are human in almost every way that matters, with the exception of being egg layers, it may be more useful to suggest some civilizational Aspects. We will do that first:
- Warring City-States clinging to dying Canals
- The Green Martians are our enemies, except when they're our allies
- An armed and loyal citizenry - except for a few spies and ambitious traitors
- Better technology than the Green Martians
- Each City-State has an Air Navy!
- Not quite as decadent as the Old Martians
So how about a fighting man of Mars? Or a woman? Below are some stats for a worthy opponent.
*This is an excellent line of not-Barsoom miniatures which are of course perfect for a Barsoom campaign. We've made good use of them for Tekumel gaming as well.
Red Martian Blade
- High Concept: A Gallant of the Red Martians
- Trouble: Loyal to a fault
- Aspect: A perfect physical specimen
- Aspect: Trained in the Twin Sword School of the Red Sands Academy
- Aspect: A radium pistol always ready
- Careful: +1
- Clever: +1
- Flashy: +3
- Forceful: +2
- Quick: +2
- Sneaky: 0
- Expert Pilot - +2 to Quick Approach to operate Red Martian flying ships
- Two Blades Are Better than One - +2 to Flashy Approach when Attacking with a sword in each hand
- Quick on the Draw: Once per session, go first in combat with a Quick Attack when using a Radium Pistol