Many Red Martian scientists operate in the open, as high level functionaries in the court of a Jeddak. Others lurk almost out of sight, deep in the bowels of a City-State or in a remote science station far from any settlement. They may be weapons-makers, inventors, or philosophers. A few were healers, before devoting themselves entirely to science.
In these latter days on the dying world of Barsoom, most Red Martian scientists are hired guns: practical archaeologists, plundering ruins and libraries in search of the great secrets of the past, and applying their discoveries to create scientific marvels. These wonders may be used to entertain a patron, provide a master with an uncanny advantage, wreak some terrible revenge upon an enemy, or pursue some twisted, appalling line of research far from prying eyes.
Red Martian scientists rarely have the training, indoctrination, code of honor, and martial sensibilities of the fighting man and woman of Mars, but not all of them are cowards. In fact, they are wont to launch bold schemes and once revealed will often pursue them with relentless fearlessness.
The Red Martian scientist described below is a cruel and vengeful bitter soul of just that type.
Red Martian Scientist
- High Concept: Cruel and brilliant Red Martian Scientist
- Trouble: Unrequited love
- Aspect: I have the perfect place to plot my revenge
- Aspect: The Jeddak's rival keeps me supplied
- Aspect: You'll never escape my LAByrinth!
- Careful: +2
- Clever: +3
- Flashy: +1
- Forceful: 0
- Quick: +1
- Sneaky: +2
- Iris Remote - You have a gemlike device of the Old Martians that opens the ancient mechanical portals of the Martian Underworld (GM may Compel you for exceptions)
- Secret Patron - Once per session, you may call upon your secret patron for a special favor (e.g., minions, money, material)
- Underworld Laboratory - Take +2 on a Careful effort to Create an Advantage such as deciphering the purpose or use of an ancient device, or completing an invention or weapon