|Photo c. 2012 by John Everett Till|
The insectoid carapaces show discoloration, but are otherwise undamaged, so an initial hypothesis that these creatures were in fact killed or driven off by the reptiloids has been rendered null.
- Super (+5): Survival (Mangrove Swamp)
- Great (+4): Close Combat (Knife, Spear), Agility (Thrown Spear)
- Good (+3): Brawling, Survival (Jungles), Stamina
- Decent (+2): Alertness, Intimidation, Craft: Poisons*, Resolve
- Average (+1): Brokerage (Inter-Clan)** OR Craft: Eggcraft***, Craft: Traps, Profession (Tracker), Stealth, Tactics
STRESS TRACKS: Health 5, Composure 5, Wealth 4
- Extra Stress Track: One extra Stress box for Composure
- Poison Pouch: Always has poison accessible in a waterproof pouch
- Toughened Hide: Equivalent to bulletproof vest (Def 2)
- Pick the right poison for the right prey
- Hide from the enemy until you are ready to eat it
- Sharp shells and near-term eggs make the best trades
*These creatures kill by stealth and poison whenever possible.
**They are gifted inter-clan traders, and use bits of shell as a currency between scattered clan-groups.
***These creatures have the ability to modify fertilized unhatched eggs for a variety of specialized roles and skills.