|The Huey Drone from "Silent Running"|
They are also tireless, predictable, and programmable.
And, truth be told, they're loyal and cute. Many crews prefer them to Trelebs for these reasons.
Drones have one fine manipulator arm which can be adapted for a variety of tools and appliances. They learn skills using programming cards, as depicted in the picture below. These are inserted into programming slots on the drone's body. They store no more than three skills at a time.
- Skills: One skill at Good (+3), one at Decent (+2), one at Average (+1)
- If your drone has been programmed with ethical protocols such as the Three Laws of Robotics, reserve one skill slot with the Resolve skill.This slot can have a permanent skill level (this is an exception to the way the Programmable Stunt works - see below)
- Drones come "out-of-the-box" with one Language skill hardwired at Mediocre (+0). This does not count against the maximum of three skills.
- Stress Tracks: Frame (Body) 2, Data (Composure) 3
- Programmable. The skill card inserted most recently sets their apex skill. Any preexisting skills drop down one skill level. A skill reduced to Mediocre (+0) is deleted.
- EVA capable. Drones can work on the hull of a ship by magnetizing their feet.
- Man's best friend in space
- It can waddle through anything
- Accident prone, but eminently repairable