|Commodore Matt Decker|
The Constitution class of starship was a solidly build workhorse vessel suitable for deep space, long-term exploration. It was also used for perimeter patrols and defense of core systems of the Federation. This class of starships was also built to hold its own in a battle. The Klingons and Romulans soon learned that they needed to field three D7s against one ship of this class to ensure a superior prevailing force.
Commodore Decker - like Captain James T. Kirk and their peers commanding other Constitution class vessels - was a hard-headed commander and a bit of a megalomaniac. But you had to be to go out to the edge of the Federation and beyond with one starship on a five year mission. This ship could take you there, but you had to bring it back in one piece.
With a crew.
Which not everyone did.
Federation Starship USS Constellation
- Propulsion: Two warp nacelles and impulse engines
- Tactical: Phasers, photon torpedos, and shields
- Sensors: Suitable for deep space exploration
- Amenities: Everything needed for a five year mission
- Special: Saucer separation
- Someone at the helm may invoke this Aspect to detach the saucer section from the engineering section of the ship. Crew will be needed to staff a bridge on each section.
- Special: Tractor beams
- Someone at helm, engineering, or science may invoke this Aspect when using their Forceful Approach to grab hold of an object in space.
- Special: Self-destruct
- In extreme circumstances, the Captain may invoke this Aspect and use their Forceful Approach to destroy the ship (often damaging or destroying a nearby enemy in the process).