Earlier in the week, I submitted three game events as part of the House of Indie Games theme track for Con of the North in February 2014:
- The Condor Falls! A Spanish Civil War scenario in which the PCs play members of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade. Players will take on the role of the anarchist, communist, and socialist international defenders of an isolated Spanish village. This two hour session will use the Fate Core version of Achtung! Cthulhu.
- Prep work: We've had the PDFs of Achtung! Cthulhu for a bit, but we just ordered the omnibus print edition of the Investigator's and Keeper's Guides. A couple of days ago I got my hand on the Osprey on the Condor Legion; now I need to find the one they did on the International Brigades. Poking around in the online Abraham Lincoln Brigade Archives seems in order too (I visited them once many years ago.)
- Strange Stars: A four hour romp through Trey Causey's Strange Stars RPG setting, forthcoming this fall from Armchair Planet. The game release is planned as a full color setting book (coming out this Fall) followed by a system book with stats using Stars Without Numbers and Fate Core (late Fall/early Winter). I'm running it using Fate Core.
- Prep work: Since I am writing the Fate Core conversions for the game, the most important prep work is wrapping up the writing in September (we are on target for this).
- Into Glorantha: At the very end of the con, I'll be running a four hour Gloranthan adventure using HeroQuest 2. I've owned every edition of HQ and Hero Wars, so I suppose it's time to actually try and run the thing.
- Prep work: Continue reading the massive Guide to Glorantha and the HQ2 rules.