While an abundance of gulags and prison planets exist within the states of human space, this one is privately operated. Originally, it was a pirate base made from a few pressurized bubbles and tubes. Over time, it has become a very well-defended and supplied private prison. Today, Planet 27121 is a very lucrative warehouse for interstellar kidnapping and hostage-keeping. It is also the ideal place where a sovereign can or state ministry can remove potential successors, pretenders, and dissidents from the political chessboard.
- The imperial Sacred Band's Heirophant-class Battle Carrier Akhenaten appeared in the system recently, and dropped a shuttle planetside. The shuttle and the ship departed a few hours later though the hyperspace suture.
- Several of the empire's rival and sometimes warring states stockpile potential alternative heirs of their adversaries here
- Structure B recently experienced an accidental depressurization, killing several cult leaders and social reformers
This world was generated using the Planet Generator in Chapter 26 of Starblazer Adventures. I was watching Alien 3 at the time. What are the odds of randomly generating a prison planet while watching Alien 3?
- This is a Class 8 Planetary Ice Giant
- Atmosphere incapable of supporting life
- Full ring system
- Many moons
- Average population (+4) - 100s of inhabitants
- Planetary Skills:
- Diplomacy +7 Epic
- Resources (wealth) +6 Fantastic
- Resources (materials) +8 Legendary
- Resources (industrial) +3 Good
- Military capability +6 Fantastic
- Planetary security +8 Legendary
- Tech level +5 Superb
- Trade level +4 Great
- Mandatory Aspects:
- Planetary Government: Pirate Kingdom-Penal Colony
- Parent Star Classification: Red Giant
- Additional Aspects:
- Friends in high places (usually several high places)
- Ready for a siege
- If you want to leave, someone will have to pay
- "It's an ice giant - you have no one to blame but yourself if you try to escape"